How To Retain Your Data If Your Cloud Provider Goes Under
The future of cloud computing
Why are cloud providers going out of business?
For starters, the competition is tough. Smaller companies simply cannot compete with Amazon, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Many of these startups try to come up with innovative new ways to push their services on customers, but it’s still a tough battle to compete with the big boys.
The other reason is funding. Many cloud providers get started through crowdfunding sites or angel investors. If the profits don't start rolling in quickly, it's very easy for a company to blow through their initial funding and end up going under.
How to back up your data using cloud backup and integration
You have three choices for protecting your data:
- On-premise backup: On-premise backup is good in many situations as it gives users control of their data in times when no internet access is available.
- Cloud integration: Cloud integration allows users to automatically transfer files and documents between different cloud apps and services, providing a "secondary copy" of all data.
- Cloud backup: Cloud backup provides users the ability to back up all of their files from an on-premise server an online account to a cloud server.
- Google Apps is one of the top cloud services, as it provides all three services listed above. Google Apps integrates with many of the most popular cloud providers, it offers superior (and very cost-efficient) cloud storage and backup with Google Drive, and it saves a copy of all files and documents on company servers. Since Google Apps uses cloud-to-cloud backup options, this keeps data secure from on-premise disasters such as fire, flood, tornado, hurricane, etc.
- Asigra offers enterprise cloud backup and recovery services. The company also offers integration services for enterprise computers, laptops, mobile devices and more.
- Informatica is one of the top enterprise cloud integration providers. The service has been recognized by salesforce.com customers as the #1 integration application on AppExchange for the past 5 years.